New Elizabethian is a constructed language developed to help students taught with whole word methods overcome their guessing habit and focus on sounding out words from left to right. It is based on archaic English, Anglish, and Scots. It also includes some newly created words. There are New Elizabethian and Scots Language Lessons to be used after each of the phonics lessons.
This New Elizabethian test should be used before and after the phonics lessons. Take one version before the lessons and one version after the lessons. If you cannot easily read all the sentences, you could benefit from our phonics lessons. You can use either part as a diagnostic test to see which of our phonics lessons or spelling lessons would be helpful. Below the test is an explanation of which sentence numbers correlate to each lesson. For example, if you have trouble with sentence number one, you should do Spelling Lesson number 1 and/or Phonics Lessons 1 - 5. However, if you have any trouble reading the following sentences, we highly recommend completing the entire Spelling Lessons or Phonics Lessons as they build upon one another and it is best to begin at the beginning. After completing the lessons, you can use this test to determine areas for further study.
New Elizabethian Test, Version A.
1. Ladmit hast ix potmets nebben.
2. Mugbit fip om utbon ledden.
3. Thippet lish ap id lottish gunmits.
4. Lantmin hab set blent grest brotten.
5. Vi hote seb gleetmoat lune habgabe.
6. Bo grane setty yatebrue mew.
7. Fu hab im bight lide slene.
8. Cy cide cip cade cadcip.
9. Poy list ine yaw loinclaw tawmoil.
10. Vor midder ite lar burret.
11. Dar cor ur tortex marder.
12. Mell canst kell noin millcalls.
13. Gnu writ twitty wreapy gnips.
14. Betimes, Du otten promit led subvips.
15. Tri hast mully litfulness.
16. Remurning abvorly, Lin premipped set unmats.
New Elizabethian Test, Version B
1. Padmin bist ip netbots letten.
2. Lutmit hab om abmot meddet.
3. Thinnet mish am ix bonnish mutlips.
4. Fentmip hab ix trest blant globben.
5. Di bode set greebnoan bute motbate.
6. Mo slape sebby ladegrue tew.
7. Bu hab im dightmide glene.
8. Ci cime cyp cate cotcin.
9. Loy bist ite taw coindraw sawmoil.
10. Tor pitter ine mar durden.
11. Lar bor er vortip durlar.
12. Vell didst pell noy billfalls.
13. Wri gnip tritty gnappy writs.
14. Bewide, Lu oppen prodim det subnets.
15. Bru bost yully tigfulness.
16. Renurning abtorly, Mit premitted seb unpets.
#1, Phonics Lessons 1 – 5, Spelling Lesson 1
#2, Phonics Lessons 1 – 5, Spelling Lesson 1
#3, Phonics Lesson 6, Spelling Lesson 1
#4, Phonics Lesson 7, Spelling Lesson 1
#5, Phonics Lessons 9 – 13, Spelling Lesson 2
#6, Phonics Lessons 9 – 13, Spelling Lesson 2
#7, Phonics Lessons 9 – 13, Spelling Lesson 2
#8, Phonics Lesson 8, Phonics Lesson 14 Part 1
#9, Phonics Lessons 16 and 17, Spelling Lesson 3
#10, Phonics Lesson 18, Spelling Lesson 3
#11, Phonics Lesson 18, Spelling Lesson 3
#12, Phonics Lesson 19, Spelling Lesson 3
#13, Phonics Lesson 20, Spelling Lesson 4
#14, Phonics Lesson 21, Spelling Lesson 4
#15, Phonics Lesson 22, Spelling Lesson 4
#16, Phonics Lessons 21 and 22, Spelling Lesson 4